Tonight, Suri and I are going to take a trip to Mesa to go to Jackie and Scooter's ( Debi's brother and sister in law) annual Christmas party. Word has it that
Santa is going to make a special appearance! Suri is all dressed in her
I Love Santa red tu tu outfit. I am making scalloped potatoes ( fingers crossed they turn out as good as Mom's used to...). Suri is currently sleeping in her swing ( permitting me to catch up on this blog). So hopefully she will be good and rested for the night ahead. Stay tuned to photos...
11:27 pm
I'm back! The party was a lot of fun and Suri was absolutely perfect! On our way to the party, we got stuck in traffic as there was a bad accident on the freeway. Suri was becoming a bit impatient in the back seat and was letting me know about it. Once we passed the accident and returned to full speed, she was content once again.
When we arrived at the party, the street was blocked off as Jackie and Scooter rented a huge bounce house for the older kids... the day will be here before I know it when Suri will be off jumping and having her own fun. You could hear the laughter from the kids as we approached Jackie's house. I must say, the scalloped potatoes were a success. Everyone seemed to think they were delicious! Mom would have been proud : )
Suri was a hit at the party! Everyone commented on her "cuteness". I must admit, she did look pretty darn cute in her little outfit. It helped that she was extra smiley. She was loving all the faces and decorations. There was plenty new sights and sounds for her to take in. I am so proud of her, she was such a social butterfly.
 |
| Suri and Irene ( Debi's Mom) |
 |
| Jackie's house decor had been transformed and truly captured the essence of Christmas |
 |
| Suri and Gerry ( Debi's Dad) |
 |
| Hanging out... waiting for Santa to arrive |
 |
| Suri and Debi |
The rumor of Santa visiting was TRUE!! He did come to see everyone and kids took turns sitting on his lap. Santa gave all the kids a candy cane. Suri will have to wait a few more years and get a few teeth before she gets to enjoy candy canes. Once again, Suri was mesmerized by Santa....
 |
| Here comes Santa Claus! |
 |
| Look at that belly! |
 |
| All the kids were excited to see Santa |
 |
| Suri had one last visit with Santa before he had to return to the North Pole to get ready for Christmas |
We don't have much planned for tomorrow. I am looking forward to having some "at home" time as this next week is going to be extra chaotic. My friend Stacy is back in town for Christmas and she and her daughter Sarina invited Suri and I to go see Zoo Lights with them. We also have 2 Christmas Eve church services to attend, one on Thursday night at our church and the other on Friday at Grandpa's church. Saturday is Christmas. As we will be celebrating Suri's First Christmas, we will also be mourning the loss of Mom as this will be our first Christmas without her. It is hard to believe Mom has been gone almost 4 months. As much as I am looking forward to Suri's first Christmas, I know it will be a bittersweet day.
Time is inching closer and closer to the day I will have to return to work. I am trying to savour every moment I have with Suri as my maternity leave is coming to a close and I will no longer be able to spend every waking moment with her. I know it will be good for her to be able to interact with people other than myself as she really seems to enjoy the social aspect of life. I will be sure to include a camera in her daycare bag and as her teachers to please try and capture as much of her days as they can.
I am going to get one last "pumping session" in before going to bed for the night. I am doing my best to fill the freezer with milk for Suir's bottles she will have while at daycare. I feel bad for Mom's with multiples as pumping for one is hard enough : )
No comments:
Post a Comment