Tonight, Suri and I went to The Gainy Ranch Estate club for my Annual Pediatric Holiday Party. We have had our annual party at The Gainy Ranch Estate club for the past few years. This year however, the weather was in the 70's and to me, it hardly felt like we should be going to a "holiday" party. A bit on the warm side for Christmas! It was good to see many of my coworkers as well as some new faces since I have been out on maternity leave. Everyone was excited to see Suri. Some had met her before and others met her for the first time tonight. Suri was asleep when we arrived however was soon awakened by our friend Tina and her daughter Emily. They couldn't wait to hold and snuggle with Suri. Suri was the "main event" as everyone wanted to take their turn in holding her (hopefully the handsinitizer works it's magic as it is that time of the year when the germs are extra hearty!) .
 |
| Tina, her daughter Emily and Dr. Pope |
 |
| Tina feeding Suri a bottle before everyone arrives (this was Suri's second bottle since we have been home from the hospital) |
|
 |
| Dr. Pope and Suri |
 |
| Emily (Manager of Pediatrics ) arrived and couldn't wait to hold Suri |
 |
| Jill's turn |
 |
| Jessica arrived and joined in the photo (Jessica is expecting a baby boy in April!) |
 |
| Becky and her son Peter came to say "hi"... Peter is such a cutie pie! |
 |
| Peter is telling Suri how things go : ) |
Now that we are home, Suri and I are working on a new bedtime routine. Normally I have to nurse her until she is sound asleep. Although I don't mind doing this, I know it is going to be a tough transition on her when she has to go to daycare. So we are starting with our nighttime routine where after Suri has finished eating, I lay her down and if she awakens, I am encouraging her to put herself back to sleep... I must say, it's not working quite yet... as I am writing this, I hear Suri in her room. She must have woken up and her giggles are turning into a fuss. She definitely doesn't like to be alone, especially when she is trying to go to sleep. So with that being said, I am going to go see if I can help her get back to sleep...minus nursing. Wish me luck!
No comments:
Post a Comment