Our little miracle

Saturday, December 4, 2010

Happy 29th Birthday Lindsay

Muchas Gracias to chef Dad tonight! He makes the BEST enchiladas and we were all fortunate to have them for dinner as we all got together to celebrate Aunt Lindsay's 29th birthday. As I mentioned before, she will be out of town in Texas for her "real" birthday on the 8th. Now that I am looking at the pictures, I realized I didn't get any of LINDSAY... (sorry Lins). I did however get a picture of her ice cream cake from Baskin Robbins. We haven't had an ice cream cake in a LONG time so it was a nice treat to have after our mexican enchiladas... yum.

mint chocolate chip . . . yummy

Earlier this afternoon, Dad and I spent some time putting the final touches on the holiday lights on the outside of the house. Uncle Don arrived just as Suri awoke from her nap and was able to take over helping Dad while I went to feed our little munchkin.

Suri and I then went to meet Aunt Ashley at Kohls (to re attempt my shopping trip from the other day when Suri decided to sing along at the top of her lungs to the Christmas music playing in the store..ha). Thankfully we were able to find all of the remaining items on our adopted family's holiday "wish list". It is exciting to know that we are helping to make someones holidays a bit brighter this holiday season.

 Here are a few pictures of the "finished product" of the house fully decorated. Mom would definitely be proud as she knows all of the hard work that goes into making each scene come to life! (unfortunately the camera doesn't come close to capturing the beauty of the lights.... it could also be the photographers lack of knowledge of the camera...hmmm) Regardless, it is absolutely beautiful. Tis the Season!



Aunt Ashley showing Suri the lights on the Christmas tree

The family room mantle



I found this plaque at the Family Christian store and bought it in memory of Mom



All of the yard lights dance to the Christmas Carols we have playing

Mom purchased this wreath last year at the end of the season. She was looking forward to hanging it this year. She would be happy to see that it makes the entry way warm and inviting.

The final product

Great Grandms's Sugar Town

Uncle Don and Suri

Happy Birthday Lindsay, we hope you had a memorable night!  XOXO


No comments:

Post a Comment