Our little miracle

Thursday, December 30, 2010

Closing the Chapter of 2010

2010 is coming to a close in a few short hours and this will most likely be my last posting of this year. I am not sure what feelings I have about this past year as there have been so many things that have happened that have triggered many different emotions. 2010 is the year I became pregnant, it is the year Aunt Ashley and Uncle Don got married. 2010 is the year Aunt Lindsay received a promotion at work, Zijah opened his warehouse and the year Grandma Diane became ill. 2010 is the year I gave birth to Suri Rose, a healthy and beautiful little soul. 2010 is the year my Mom spent her first Christmas in heaven. . . such a variety of events all in one year. On one hand, I am tired and looking forward to closing out the chapter of 2010 and on the other hand, I hate to see it go. I find comfort in being able to say Mom passed away this year as soon I will have to say she passed away last year... and I feel that with those words I am getting farther and farther away from her. 2010 is the year of what will more than likely be my last maternity leave, 3 of the best months of my life.
As we venture into 2011, I trust that God will comfort us through the hard times and bless us with many more good times. We are fortunate for our family, our faith and our amazing friends. Soon enough, 2011 will be a year of memories and only we have control of how those come to be.
I pray 2011 will be a phenomenal year for us all and with that being said, I will peacefully close this chapter of 2010 and leap whole heartily into the new year of 2011. Here are a few pictures from this morning:







        "Happy New Year everyone! Make it all that it can be!"

No comments:

Post a Comment