Our little miracle

Thursday, December 23, 2010

Christmas Eve eve

Suri experienced her first Christmas Eve (eve) church service tonight at our church, Christ's Church of the Valley (CCV). I was a bit worried that the music may be too loud for her but she seemed to enjoy it along with looking at all the lights. Uncle Don held her throughout most of the service and she was as good as can be. We went to church with Mike and Debi and Debi's parents Irene and Gerry, and Aunt Ashley and Uncle Don. Zijah was planning to attend with us however this afternoon he had to take a trip to Globe AZ as one of his trucks broke down and therefore he couldn't make it. CCV always puts on a phenomenal service and tonight was nothing short. There were a couple of songs that brought tears to my eyes as they were songs Mom liked to sing. It was this time last Christmas that Mom and Dad were here at CCV with us. These past couple of days have been a bit tough for me as I am missing Mom so much. With this being Suri's first Christmas, I would give anything for Suri to have known what Christmas was like with her Grandma Diane. This will be all Suri ever knows and I feel so saddened to know that she was never given the opportunity to experience the love my Mom had for Christmas as well as for her. . . I am sure emotions will be triggered once again tomorrow night as we will be at Mom's church; a place she loved and the place we had her funeral.

On a lighter note,  after church, we all headed to Neo's for pizza (it's not a wonder I am not losing these last 20 lbs with all this pizza!) Remember last night, how Miss Suri was having tummy troubles due to no poop for 2 days... well, today was going on day 3 until she decided to "unload" right when we got to the restaurant (this one called for an outfit change.. hee hee) At least she waited until after church : )  Luckily, I had an extra outfit in the truck : )  Tonight, she had no trouble going to sleep as she was plum tuckered out . Tomorrow night we will go with Grandpa and the rest of our family to Christmas Eve church at Shepherd of the Desert. Their service doesn't begin until 7pm so I am not sure if Suri will be able to stay awake or not. She has been going to sleep pretty consistently these days between 7:30 and 9pm. These pictures were taken with the "diaper bag camera" and not the Nikon... but they are better than nothing.

Suri's headband kept coming off hence the messy hair : )

Debi, Mike and Uncle Don
The whole gang... Mike (trying to hide behind Don's head, Uncle Don, Aunt Ashley, Suri,  Debi, Irene and Gerry )- I was taking the picture : )

The waiter was nice enough to take a picture of all of us : )
 Earlier today, Debi and I exchanged Christmas gifts. She was so thoughtful to get Suri and I a VIDEO CAMERA for Christmas!!!  I am SO excited!  I had waned to get one before Suri was born and it never worked out and I have been borrowing Grandpa's up to this point so I am looking forward to having our very own!  It will allow me to upload videos directly to this blog! Yippie. ThAnK YoU DeBi!!!! Muah!

1 comment:

  1. It was a great night! I am so happy you like the camera and you got it to work! I can't wait to see some videos on here!

    ReplyDelete